Dec

Comfort and peace

Thank you for joining me on my blog every week. I’m blessed to be able to share with you the lessons I’m continually learning about leadership and personal growth. It’s my hope that my posts add value to you and help you on YOUR journey of growth.

Today, what’s on my mind is not a personal growth topic, but rather a tragic event that occurred here in the United States last Friday. An individual made the horrific choice to attack an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. Twenty-eight lives were lost, most of them children.

Nothing I can say here will make sense of the event for the families who lost loved ones in this horrible tragedy. All I can do is pray for them, which I’ve been doing continually since I heard the news. I hope you will join me and my team in praying for comfort and peace for them in this tragic time.

Categories : personal

Comments

Spinar says:

Bless who hunger to grow for the plan of God!

David Specht says:

I once heard a preacher say at a funeral of someone who lost their life tragically, “Do not try to understand the ‘why’ of the situation. You may never know the answer this side of Heaven, and it doesn’t change the fact God is still in control. Allow God’s peace to help you through this.”

While it may be hard for we humans to accept the fact we may never understand why tragedies take place, we can accept the peace God gives — even if we don’t understand that peace.

mike says:

Wise Words for those who try to make sense of what is senseless….. It is enough to know that He is Majestically Seated upon His Throne and Reigns in Power & Light.

trisha says:

Yes the “why” question is very much appear in our everydays life. That is why we need to seek God’s courage, serenity and wisdom in order to find comfort and peace. As Job stated in the bible “But where can wisdom be found? Where does understanding dwell? Man does not comprehend its worth; it cannot be found in the land of the living (Job 28:12-13).”

João Carlos Lima says:

Yes, there is no doubt that all parents and other relatives of these innocents need our prayers and speeches by the heavenly Father. Every dream and a parent project generates around children. There is no greater species richness of a well structured family. When a parent sends their child to a school that he expects his son to come home bringing a lot of knowledge that will serve you later when you receive more news like this, everything collapses, Jas dream, the life project was halted just in place that makes our hearts bleed. Right now, you need caution and prayers to those who are, only God can help. I will pray for them all and GOD will confortálos in Jesus’ name. Thanks for communicating. GOD bless you.

Stephanie says:

I absolutely join you John, in Jesus’s name.

Tim says:

I join you John in praying for the families and community. May God provide peace that surpasses all understanding and comfort during this difficult time.

PastorMason says:

Lord we lift up all those who are hurting at this time! Bind up their wounds and release healing…

Monica says:

HE WILL HOLD YOU IN THE CRADLE OF HIS HANDS, AND ROCK YOU IN THE CRADLE OF HIS ARMS! THE PEACE HE GIVES YOU IS HIS AND HE WILL SURROUND YOU WITH IT – BODY AND SOUL. IT IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ANYTHING IMAGINED, PURCHASED, OR FOUND. IT’S FREE, PLENTIFUL, AND FOREVER ABOUNDS! LORD HELP EACH OF US TO KEEP LOOKING TO THE HILLS FOR WHENCE COMETH OUR HELP, FOR OUR HELP COMES FROM THE LORD!!!!….

Werner says:

From Chile, I join you in praying for the families of these children. Jesus said, laughing with the laugh, mourn with those who mourn.
    Hugs and blessings.

Emily Sirkel says:

John, I join with you in praying. This is something I wrote about this week as well, but really there are no words to offer in the face of such sorrow. One thing we can offer is our prayers, and a reminder of the hope that is in Christ, the hope that one day,

“He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken.”
    Isaiah 25:8

Kent says:

From the incident, we know that relationship is very important. Not only in business, but in every areas of our lives. A great book called Refrigerator Rights by Will Miller and Glenn Sparks shows us that relationship is very important to motivate, to feel confident, to solve our life problems that sometimes motivation books cannot solve.

Niyi Amuda. says:

I join you, John in praying for the families who loss their loved ones due to this tragic incident, it’s my prayer that the God of peace and comfort will help comfort these victims. And let’s pray more against re-occurence of such acident.

Spinar says:

God call us to make disciple to leader and mentoring (trainer).

You should meet my dad!

Ask me about my daddy ! He loves Jesus he always says thank Jesus before me!