Oct

Are You Willing to Bet on Yourself?

As you read this post, I’m in India, getting ready to speak for a great group of people. And just before I left the United States, I got some amazing news: The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth will debut at #7 on the New York Times‘ bestseller list in Advice/How-to (for the week ending 10/6/12)! I’m thrilled that the book is already helping so many people!

Now this makes me even more excited about what I have to announce today. For years, people who’ve heard me teach about personal growth have asked me for advice on creating a strategic plan for their growth. I didn’t have a specific plan that I could recommend, so I gave them the best advice I could in general terms.

This year my team has changed that and developed something wonderful:

The Maxwell Plan for Personal Growth

They looked at all my teaching on growth and developed 12 key areas a person should focus on to grow, such as Attitude, Priorities, and Perseverance. Then they created a complete one-year plan that includes written lessons, video and audio clips, assessments, articles, questions for reflection, and action items. Addressing one topic per month, someone who wants to grow can really dive into what I teach on the subject and learn how to apply it to him- or herself specifically.

The material is life-changing, but what I really find compelling is the functionality. Most of the work — from watching videos to writing in a journal — is done using an online platform designed to let the user keep a record of all his or her growth in every area. It’s so private and user-friendly, I think even I could master it.  :)

More than 40 years ago, I bet on my potential and invested in my personal growth. It has yielded huge dividends and led to amazing opportunities. I believe that commitment to growth is still helping me to reach my potential as I continue to grow every day.

I also believe that The Maxwell Plan for Personal Growth can help you establish a pattern of growth that will last a lifetime and take you in directions and to levels that you’ve never anticipated. The Maxwell Plan is an investment in you. Can you think of anything else you’d rather put your time and money into than your own personal potential? If you’re not willing to bet on yourself, then who else will?

To learn more about The Maxwell Plan for Personal Growth or The Maxwell Plan Plus, which includes monthly group coaching calls and quarterly calls with me, click this link or visit MaxwellPlan.com.

Comments

PastorMason says:

I was member of your monthly leadership development as a youth pastor and saw my youth ministry grow from 12 students to over 120 students. Now as an Associate Pastor, I might need to get in on this one too. Looks like a phenomenal resource, can’t wait to read the book also! God bless!

Alan says:

As a long time follower of John Maxwell, I am excited about the opportunity to put myself in a position to develop new skills and improve the ones I already have. His books have been instruments of growth for me for many years. I’m sure the John Maxwell “stamp of quality” will shine throughout this series. I’m also anxious to find some quiet time so I can absorb his latest book.

In running my financial services busines I’ve learned to develop some basic principles that has created growth of clientele and income. Becoming FOCUSED and INTENTIONALLY about how I run my business has improved my success and business relationships. I purchased you latest book “15 Invaluable Laws of Growth”

I keep PS 119:37 printed out on my desk which says…..
    “Keep me from paying attention to what is worthless.”

Love enjoy getting your Daily Word e-mails.

Marvin Fuller

Kent says:

Thanks for the plan, Max. Does the plan help in develop the right habits? Because in order to succeed, habits are very important.

Thank you for another great book. I’m excited to have the opportunity of sharing it with my Mastermind Group.
    I can’t even imagine how many millions of people you’ve helped to succeed. Thank you for sharing your secrets.

Your Friend,
    Dave

Imotie Dumeanyam says:

Imo,

You are a blessing to humanity. How do I get your this new release in Nigeria?

Gift lilian says:

Imo,

You are a blessing to humanity. How do I get your new release in Nigeria?

I am intrigued to read the book and the first thing that jumps out is it would be a great gift to give, often things that are based on a monthly plan or a daily plan are great to give people at the start of the year. Human nature is funny and setting new years resolutions and then having an active plan to follow often leads to better success. I’ll definately be reading.

Thanks
    Lynn

Ben says:

Certainly worth following

Zen Samantha says:

A million time thank you for your lighting the world by being a living embodiment of a true visionary leader. Sincerely thank you.

Mary says:

I want to grow in Perseverance!