Mar

Level Up Week 9: Communicate

Well, March has arrived, and with it the end of our Level Up study of The 5 Levels of Leadership. (Just finding out about it? You can still do the study! Just click HERE to go back to Week 1.)

My team and I are curious about how this project worked for you. We’d appreciate your comments, whether you studied alone or led a group. It will help us decide whether or not to do something like this with other books, like my next one: The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth (Fall, 2012).

Here are the questions we would love for you to answer in the comments:

1. Whether you led or participated in a group, what was the best thing you got out of it?

2. What would you like to see us change if we offer this again for another book?

3. Is there another specific book of mine that you would like to study in this way?

Please feel free to share any other thoughts or reactions to this blog series.

Comments

Señores equipo de Jhon Maxwell, como adquierop este libro en español y en colombia mas exactamente en Bogotá. Agradezco su información por este medio.

Well i didn;t participate i groups , please add some thing new creative and innovative regarding leadership according to present era as per international standards

debbi says:

the study I did was individual rather than group. due to my busy work schedule it makes it difficult to commit and connect to a group. this is perfect as is for individuals such as myself.
    Thanks for all you do,
    debbi

Kevin Long says:

Hi John

Just thought i’d drop bye and take a look, i,ve got 17 of your books and loved it when I saw you in Bradford UK, i’ve just started reading Failing Forward again, ALL your work is awe inspiring, you have truly been blessed with getting your message across.

To your continued success

Kevin A Long (UK) <

i found out about this website through facebook – thank you for your leadership

John says:

1) I facilitated a group of 20 in our Learning Center – we had meetings every other week so that teammates had enough time to read, think and study the material as well as the discussion questions. The best thing was the structured facilitation guide you provided that I tailored to our organization and the team wants to continue with another study when we complete this one.

2) A positive change would allow for participants to share questions that you and your team could answer for all participants — which would allow other groups to benefit from questions from others.

3) “Everyone Communicates, Few Connect” would be an excellent book to go through in group discussion like this because it allows people with different backgrounds and perspectives to providing enlighteing comments for others to benefit from.

Sgt Goulart says:

When book 5 levels of leadership will arrive on Brazil?Thank you!

Great tips. I think that communication is a really difficult part of leadership, especially as an organization grows. Keeping up with everyone becomes time consuming and more difficult.

[...] Follow JohnCMaxwell on Twitter. Or visit John’s Facebook page. Introducing a new daily video program, A Minute with Maxwell. Sign up here. It’s free! Level Up Week 9: Communicate [...]

Marius says:

1. The best thing that I got out of this is the fact that everything we do, everything we are or everything we would like to be depends on the people around us. We have to do everything with the people around us, help them grow, help them achieve their dreams, and in return, we will achieve ours.

2. It will be helpful to see your comments on our answers.

3. Everybody communicates, few connect.
    I consider this a very important book since communication brings and keeps people together.

Thank you for this opportunity.vit is a very good idea.

Winnie says:

This was a wonderful eye opener for me. Previously i had not focused much on leadership. I am proud to say i am moving from level 1 leadership to level 2.

I could not get into a group but the online group was good. The structured questions and practical assignments make it easier to remember a lot of what you read. This was the best thing for me.

I would be glad to cover another book on-line