Jan

One Word — One Minute

I’m a communicator, so words are very important to me. They can teach, inform, rebuke, compel, and encourage. In short, words can change people’s lives. Aldous Huxley said, “Words form the thread on which we string our experiences.” I believe that with all my heart.

Effective communication plays a critical role in every person’s life – helping us be better parents, better friends, more effective employees, and better people. That’s why I’m excited about something I started earlier this month,

It’s called A Minute with Maxwell, and it’s a daily video message from me, delivered right to your email inbox. For free.

And as the name implies, each video is short and to the point. In one minute, I share my thoughts on one specific word, suggested by a listener, with the goal of helping you see it differently and apply it that day.

Some of the topics I’ve covered so far: Growth, Wisdom, Procrastination, and Perspective.

Some upcoming topics: Passion, Structure, Fear, and Victory.

Of course, I can’t tell you all of the future topics, since more are submitted every day. It’s a lot of fun to read through and pick words that I believe I can share insight on.

If you’d like to receive a free video from me every day, click A Minute with Maxwell or the screenshot below. There you’ll see a welcome video from me, along with instructions on how to sign up.

After you sign up, you’ll be directed to a “Thank you” screen, where you can input any word (or words!) that you would like for me to talk about.

I’m having a lot of fun doing these short videos; it’s amazing that technology allows us to connect and interact over great distances. As always, my goal is to add value to you. I keep that in mind with every video I record. I hope it serves you well.

Comments

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by GeoffWasserman, braincat. braincat said: One Word — One Minute http://tinyurl.com/4ecw72y […]

Gabe Arnold says:

I’ve really been enjoying these each day John. Thank you for the constant encouragement!

Barb Giglio says:

There is an energy in and around you that transforms people to be better in what ever area we struggle with. Your positive leadership is exactly what our world needs more of and I look forward to a “Minute with Maxwell” to inspire me each day! :) Barb

Reflecto says:

What is unique about the running theme of all your work is that most of what you say can be applied across the board by just about anyone from any walk of life no matter what role you happen to be playing at the moment. Leadership is not just when others are around, it is when one becomes a leader of their life and applies positive actions across every aspect of what they do.

Reflecto.

Nicholas Yannacopoulos says:

WORDS ! One word can Change a person and then another and another and then, who knows, the world may change and become more “just” “Honest” “Human” Friendly” . . . MORE. And who else could do this better than you. There will never ve enough thank yous to you John.

Thanks for taking the time to do the minute messages.
    Great stuff!

Ryan
    ExclamationPoints.com

I must admit I have learned a lot from this. Probably more so by taking notes. Sure it is only a minute. But there is a lot of wisdom, knowledge that has helped me immensly. I actually have a seperate notebook for this mostly because for me it is intentional growth. But then again to grow does it not have to be intentional?

i have fallen in love with your books on leadership because for just these few days i have been blessed by it. i would like to be a part of these program. God bless you

Fehintola emmanuel says:

Your word has been my inspiration everyday.god bless you .maxwell

Fehintola emmanuel says:

You are a GOD sent man to this generation.you have imparted my life positively.GOD BLESS YOU

katia68 says:

I have subscribed and look forward to it every morning, Great idea to help us with putting the right spin on words. Love it, thanks.

Lon says:

cool subscribing now. thanks for doing what you do for all these years